The vanity for granddaughter is complete. I put it all together for a photo shoot, but it will have to come apart again to travel to her new home. I’m happy with it. I doubt I’ll do this again! Those barber pole stripes that go all the way around were a trip to paint. This kind of painting isn’t my favorite but some things you do for love!
You can see a picture of what happened to the matt glaze tiles when I grouted with black here. And how I solved that to the side here. I
used acrylic medium to paste these pictures over the black tiles. It has worked just fine out in the elements of southern Maryland on a birdhouse that I put a “floor plan” in paper on the roof. We’ll see if it can manage a little girl. If not, then back to the drawing board.
I’m also including a photo of my bead studio finished – I brought up my thrift store bin ($5!!! and holding several Bernina sewing machine attachments that it looks like I can sell on EBay for a lot more than that!) and cleared off more of the table. Now I have tons of room and everything is still at hand that I need when working. I’m really happy with that. I might even keep it reasonably straight for more than 5 days (note: 3 of those 5 days I’m busy with work and other things so it isn’t really as long as it sounds).