Such a small word for something so loaded.
Just take a step! In what direction? What if I make a mistake? What if I choose wrong? What if people around me don’t like this change? How will I know it’s safe? What does it feel like to grow bigger? How will I know how to act? Who will I be?
You know the routine.
You’re dreaming – all lost in the possibilities. Then the Hamster starts and the dream goes “poof!” in the face of “reality.”
First off, it’s as easy to believe good things are coming down the road as it is to imagine bad things are. Opt for believing the good, then when you hit a bump you’ll just define it as a bump and not a BAD THING THAT’S ALWAYS HAPPENING TO ME.
Here are some steps as guideposts. No particular order – since life is a spiral you’ll see the same thing time and again, only from a different (higher) vantage point. So pick one that fits where you are right now and go with it. Don’t know where you are? Start with #1.
- Wherever we’re going we have to BEGIN where we are. Do you know where you are?
- Once we know where we are, it’s helpful to know what we want. Getting to what you want through all the shoulds and oughts and other voices you’ve inherited over your life is a process – define it as an adventure and have the time of your life consciously choosing your life!
- Shame = fear of disconnection. It is almost always drak shadows looming larger than actuality and can stop you dead in your tracks. Identify your shame triggers so you can deal with them.
- Choose to commit to a Hell, Yes! Life.
- Map out a plan to get where you want to go. Be willing to take a different course if it presents itself. Be willing to get lost to find yourself.
- Honor your wylde self.
- Find yourself living a life you’d die for.
Go ahead. Begin.
Sometimes we want or pray for what we genuinely are ready for, but it comes in a package we were not expecting, so we disregard it and miss the prince hiding in the frog. Or more often, we pray for what we are actually not ready for, so we miss what we actually need, the necessary steps or lessons that will take us to what we want. Sera Beak