1. To look up and see
2. To look down and pay attention
3. To remember wonder
4. To awaken awe
5. To meet new people
6. To stretch the boundaries of your imagination
7. To wander without feeling lost
8. To build new foundations
9. To strengthen old traditions
10. To remember who you always wanted to be
11. To *finally* find the place to hold a women’s retreat! (yes! at last! a beautiful space to walk trails, listen to waves, watch eagles, find treasures, and create something whole and wonderful to take back to the “real world.”)
We had two nights. We went because our previously planned, 10 day, amazing vacation to watch whales off the Cape, and wander on a Rhode Island off-shore island was cancelled due to unexpected and very expensive house and car repairs.
No mind – any vacation, even just two nights, in the right place, can be refreshing if you keep the right state of mind.
And it wasn’t hard to do that in this park. Many thanks to hubby for dreaming it up and finding way more than either of us anticipated (the perfect spot for a retreat! I have been searching for something reasonably close to home for 4 years! And here it is!)
Need more reasons? Here are 10 more! (yes, there’s overlap – but where you are changes the meaning so hugely it doesn’t really matter!)